Sunday, January 11, 2009

sam, coco, and the wizard of oz

i mentioned sam
sam is my brother who is two years younger than me. i don't really remember when he was born, i do remember getting a toy doctor kit when he was born though. 
but after that i remember a lot about him because he was my best friend and companion growing up. 
i always thought sam was the favorite child because he was better at eating than me. he would eat anything, including vegetables and stroganoff, i wouldn't eat anything that was red or green or chunky or anything. 
once i threw up stroganoff into my mom's hands
( i was wearing my white turtle neck with red green and blue hearts on it, i don't think we lived in our house then)
sam also really liked grapefruit juice and old people, i probably liked old people too, just not as much as sam. 
we would play outside all the time with our little dog coco (he took forever to name i remember because my dad thought chocolate was a dumb name and that is what we wanted to call him, this would be repeated ten years later when we wanted to name our cats moon and shadow) 
coco was a chihuahua/terrier mix and was small and yappy and could jump high and eat bubbles. we would drag him around the yard by his teeth holding on to a blanket and we would climb in his doghouse to hide ( i always went in first cause i didn't want coco to get me) 
sam and i would also act out the wizard of oz. i would be dorothy, glinda, the scarecrow, the munchkins, and every other role in the show. sam would be toto and would follow me around on all fours the whole time. 
he was a very dedicated performer

No comments:

Post a Comment